Beliefs – Finding Truth Today
Reading Time: 2 minutes
Hover over Romans 1:20-22 for proof of God’s existence, and over Matthew 5:27-28 for Judgment Day’s perfect standard. Then hover over John 3:16-18 for what God did, and over Acts 17:30-31 for what you need to do.
What we believe is based on God’s Holy Word
- In one holy, loving, all-powerful, and gracious Creator God who exists in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Genesis 1:1, Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30, Romans 8:9
- That the Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God, fully authoritative for all matters of faith and practice.
2 Timothy 3:15-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21
- That Jesus Christ, born of the Virgin Mary, fully God and fully human, is both Lord and Savior.
Luke 1:26-38, Matthew 1:18-25, John 1:1, Acts 4:12, Romans 10:9
- That Jesus Christ suffered and died on the Cross for human sin, that he was raised bodily on the third day, and that he ascended to heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father.
1 Corinthians 15:3-8, Ephesians 1:7, John 19:17-37, John 20, Mark 16:19
- That Jesus Christ will come again to judge the living and the dead.
John 14:1-3, Acts 1:11, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, Revelation 20:11-15
- In the Holy Spirit, who dwells in believers as a seal of salvation and brings comfort, help, and transformation to enable them to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ and live a life of effectiveness for the Kingdom of God.
Ephesians 1:13-14, Romans 8:5-17, Romans 8:26-27, 1 Corinthians 12-14, Galatians 5:16-25, John 14:26, John 16:7-14
- In the spiritual unity of all believers (the Church) in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13, Ephesians 4:3-5
- That the Church was established by God as the Body of Christ to corporately display the majesty, character, and fullness of God to the world and to the heavenly realms.
Isaiah 60:21, Ephesians 3:10-11, Ephesians 3:21
- That our separation from God through sin can only be remedied by the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ upon the Cross, and that salvation is found in no other name.
- That salvation comes not by works, but only by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ. Works, however, are a natural and essential fruit of genuine salvation.
- In the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come.
1 Corinthians 15:12-57